DDS / Dental - General / New Mexico / Locum Tenens / Dental Assistant, Certified CDA Job
View Company Profile
<< Go back
|Jan 04, 2024
|Dental - General
|ASAP post Credentialing
|Hourly will include travel
|New Mexico - TAOS
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The contractor shall be in accordance with all Federal, State, Local, Tribal and IHS regulations and shall be made with minimal divergence from the schedule established and with minimum disturbance and maximum protection of government personnel, property and general public.
· The contractor will provide oral health service to the designated population in accordance with IHS policies and professional standards.
· Contractor will adhere to the scope of work and accept work assignments from the Dental Chief.
· Performs routine chairside assisting including the recording of examination information and treatment performed
· Performs routine dental laboratory procedures.
· Set up routine and specialty instruments in order to prepare for and assist in normal clinical procedures
· Performs dental x-rays equipment in order to expose, process and mount intra and extra-oral radiographs.
· Accurately records treatment and examination information in patient record.
· knowledge of an electronic health record and Dentrix aspects of patient care
Other duties include:
· Keep operatory properly stocked and maintain clinic areas in a clean and operative condition.
· Keep all instruments sharpened and properly sterilized
· Take primary impression for study models, pours and trims models, fabricates custom trays and bite rims.
· Place and remove rubber dams, removes sutures, applies desensitizing agents, places surgical gauze following extractions and applies and removes periodontal dressings.
· Conduct patient education about good dental health practices, post-operative care and participate in educational programs for the improvement of health conditions among service population, Taos Picuris Dental Clinic service hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday except Thursdays from 8:00am to Noon.
Each Dentist Assistant who is referred to the dental department for contract services shall meet the following qualification:
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school and possess a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certification.
2. Contractor shall provide documentation of past employment and training history. Three written and verifiable reference letters addressing applicant's reliability and stability, interpersonal interaction and suitability for working with children and adolescents.
3. Contractor must provide a resume detailing his experience and work history.
4. Contractor is subject to character investigation in the performance of the contract in accordance with P.L. 101-630, "Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Of 1990".
5. Evidence of current immunization for tetanus, rubella, rubella and COVID-19 (mandatory), and hepatitis B (o positive titer) (highly recommended).
6. Evidence of negative PPD or chest x-ray if history of positive PPD, must be provided within one (1) month of assignment.
* Some information such as the email and phone number are hidden unless you are registered and logged-in
Login or Register to View Contact Information